Many of you will have noticed the recent demolition on the east side of Westwood Boulevard, mid-2300 block. We have made contact with the owner/developer of the site and can share the following details about the proposed development:
- The project is a 3-story + basement mixed-use building.
- There will be retail/coffee shop at street level, with 17 enclosed parking spaces behind.
- The 2nd and 3rd floors will be apartments (23 units).
- Parking for residents (22 spaces) will be in an underground garage.
- The proposed design concentrates much of the mass towards the Westwood side of the site, where the new building will have a maximum height of 45-feet.
- Tiering in the rear reduces the height of the building to 25-feet at the east side of the site (closest to the homes on Glendon Avenue).
The developer would very much like to make a presentation at one of our monthly meetings, to introduce the project and address questions/concerns from neighbors. We will facilitate this as soon as it is safe to resume our regular meeting schedule.